Fight For The First Webinar Series
We're excited to launch a new webinar series for people like you to learn to fight against book bans in your community!
You might not know this but librarians, as government employees, can't often legally fight against the book bans happening in their community.
Their jobs and careers are often threatened, they're attacked publicly, or the municipal attorneys advise them against taking any action.
That means that they need people like you to stand up and push back against the well organized groups who are fighting to deny your right to read and control information in your community.
That's why we created this webinar series to help people like you stand up against the book banners.
For the next 6 weeks we'll release two new webinars at noon (eastern time) on Tuesday and Thursday. Register for the webinars you want to attend. If you can't make them on the day of their release, signing up today will get you access to the webinar later!
- 06/20/23: An introduction to fighting against book bans.
- 06/22/23: Books are Everywhere. What is the Point of Banning Them?
- 06/27/23: Limiting Access to Library Materials Destroys Freedom
- 06/29/23: Fighting against book bans in Florida
- 07/04/23: Fighting for the First Amendment: Some Thoughts On Religiously Based Censorship
- 07/06/23: Purityrannical Crusade: The Origin and Future of the Great Library War
- 07/11/23: Power, Control, and Fear: Eight Historical Tenets of Censorship
- 07/13/23: How to Run for Local Office
- 07/18/23: Delegitimizing Censorship: Countering Anti-Democratic Rhetoric
- 07/20/23: Freedom to Parent 21st Century Kids
- 08/01/23: Teaching the Policy, Law, and Politics of Information
- 08/03/23: Building Louisiana's Grassroots Resistance to Fighting Book Bans
If you can't watch them immediately, don't worry! You can access them anytime after their release date.
So sign up for these webinars today and access them anytime!